Hiring a motorhome for a holiday is easy and flexible; in fact it’s one of the least stressful types of holiday one can have. No hotel bookings are required, there’s no need to map out an itinerary or route for your entire holiday before you even leave, and there’s no adhering to hotel check-in and check-out times. It’s simply you, your family or friends, your comfortable holiday home on wheels and the open road. To get the most out of your motorhome holiday, however, it can help to put together a quick check-list before you leave. Here, the leading firm for camper hire in Ireland Celtic Campervans shares with you its handy motorhome hire checklist.
Celtic Campervans have been renting out motorhomes in Ireland for use around the Emerald Isle and in the UK and Europe for over thirty years. Over that time, they have learned just about everything there is to know about motorhome holidays, gleaning from the team’s own experience as well as the feedback of countless happy campers. While all Celtic Campervans’ motorhomes are fully equipped with just about everything you could need, it pays to prepare a quick checklist before you leave so that you know you haven’t left something useful at home and that you’ll make the most out of the time in your motorhome. Before you leave, check that you’ve packed the following:
- Sun tan lotion – yes you may even need it for motorhome rental in Ireland! Temperatures can soar in the summer months and you’ll need to protect yourself whenever the sun shines, even in spring or autumn.
- Insect repellent – whether it’s a spray, lotion or mosquito repellent candle, don’t forget something to keep the pesky creatures at bay.
- A camera – for recording all the stunning scenery you discover on your travels or just to capture happy moments spent in and around the campervan.
- Outside equipment – from a simple picnic rug to a full chair and table set. Some of the most enjoyable moments are spent simply sitting around the motorhome, but these are also great for trips to the beach or picnic spots.
- Disposable barbecue – although your Celtic Campervan is fully equipped with cooking facilities inside, packing a disposable barbecue will mean that if the weather is kind you can have a barby outside.
- Travel guides and maps – the beauty of campervan hire in Ireland (and throughout the UK or Europe) is that you don’t need to plan your trip as much as you do if you have to arrange hotel bookings. However, some basic maps are essential to keep you from getting lost and travel guides will help point you in the direction of beauty spots and campsites.
A simple checklist like this will help you prepare for your relaxing motorhome holiday. And keep hold of it, because you’ll be using it again – most people who take a motorhome holiday get hooked! Click here for more information on daily hire rates of Celtic Campervans’ luxurious yet affordable motorhomes.